Im a huge scone lover, they’re just the easiest snack and the perfect accompaniment with tea. I have been trialing and creating scone recipes since I started Natural Born Feeder from my pear and almond grain free ( hyperlink) to my coconut raspberry- Its sometimes hard to get a really good scone texture while keeping the ingredients list clean and there always seems to be a little sacrifice, but not with these, oh no these are bang on scone texture and flavour using ingredients we all have in our presses at home! The method itself is easy to follow and leaves little room for any mistakes – its foul proof!
- 300g oats
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. honey
- ½ tbsp. baking powder
- 2 banana
- 2 egg whites
- 125g blueberries
- Preheat the Oven to 180 degrees.
- Place the oats into a food processor and blend into a flour like consistency.
- Pour into a bowl along with the baking powder and stir.
- Spoon in the coconut oil and using your fingers tips rub together with the oat mix.
- In a food proccessor or nutribullet add the egg whites,honey and banana and blend until smooth.
- Pour into the mixing bowl and combine well, the dough will be slightly wet.
- Stir in the blueberries evenly and prepare a lined baking tray.
- Using your hands take sections and roll into large ball shapes and place on the tray.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes until lightly golden around the edges.