This creamy vegan cashew cheese dip is delicious, I’m addicted to it. This dip is a great alternative to dairy dips and is really simple to make. This dip is full of vitamins because of the ingredients used and its easy to digest. It’s also versatile to use, I’ve had it with vegetable sticks, with my sweet potato pita bread, as a side with dinner, you name it and I’ve probably had this dip with it.
Nutritional yeast is an inactive form of yeast used as a food, I picked some up in my local health food store but you can also find it in some supermarkets now too.
- 250g raw cashews (soaked for atleast 7 hours)
- juice 1 lemon
- 200ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped chives
- salt and pepper to season
- Drain and rinse the soaked cashews.
- Place in a food processor or nutri bullet along with the rest of the ingredients and blend to form a creamy dip.
- Serve with some vegetable sticks, sweet potato pitta’s or the perfect accompaniment to any BBQ.