Courgetti is a lifesaver, its definitely my go to quick dish when I get in late and I need something fast. However courgetti does need some tarting up….with lovely dips and sauces! I picked up a spiralizer for 40 quid but you can pick up julienne peelers for 2-3 euro in homeware stores that do the job nicely too, they are also handy for travelling, small and neat for anyone with confined kitchen space. The only part that takes a little bit of prep is the sauce, make sure you have the cashews soaked well in advance. You can pre make the entire sauce and store in a glass jar for 3 days in the fridge.
- 2 large courgettes spiralized
- 100g raw cashews soaked in water overnight
- 3 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 80ml boiling water
- 1 tbsp. Vegetable bouillon- I used Dr.Coys
- Handful of fresh parsley chopped.
- sautéed mushroom
- diced bacon/chorizo or shredded chicken
- Spiralize the courgettes, ether leave them raw or highly steam to wilt a little.
- Drain the cashews and place them in a nutribullet along with the rest of the sauce ingredients, blend into a smooth creamy sauce, with no visibly bits of cashew.
- Pour over the courgette and combine.
- Serve with a sprinkle of fresh herbs.