As the weather starts to get a little bit colder this is the perfect dish to warm you up. It’s full of delicious ingredients that will leave you feeling satisfied and nicely full. It’s also a great dish to have prepped for lunch!
- 1 tbsp of oil or water to sauté the red onion
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 large cloves of garlic peeled and crushed
- 1 “ ginger peeled and grated
- 1 red chilli de seeded and diced (or 1 tsp chilli purée)
- 2 tbsp curry spice
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1.5 tbsp tomato purée
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast (available in health stores and some supermarkets)
- 1 sweet red pepper washed, stem removed and diced (you can also buy pre toasted red peppers in jars)
- 1 tin chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 500g spinach washed
- 150 ml almond or nut milk of choice
- Juice of 1 lime
- First toss the diced red pepper into a oven proof tin or dish and roast for 20 minutes at 200•C until wilted and lightly browned all along the edges.
- Once this is roasted blend in a Nutri Bullet along with the tamari, nutritional yeast, tomato purée, and nut milk.
- While this is roasting prepare a pan over high heat, add the oil and onion. Turn the heat to medium and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Toss in the garlic, chilli and ginger and spices and cook for a minute.
- Pour in the red pepper sauce along with the chickpeas and spinach and bring to a gentle simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the lime juice and serve!
- Enjoy with some quinoa or rice.