Vegan Protein Soda bread
Growing up I used to always make soda bread with my granny. I used to love watching her make it and then eat it with her homemade jam. Creating a nice protein soda bread was a challenge but I finally found the right balance with this recipe – its filling, nostalgic and the perfect base for your favourite sandwich fillings. I used unflavoured protein here which I think works best over a vanilla/chocolate version. This bread is great for freezing and lasts up to 5 days stored in the fridge.
Serves 1 loaf (12 slices)
Cooks in 60+ Minutes
- 450 oats (300 milled/150g regular)
- 100g unflavoured protein
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp. milled flaxseed soaked for 15-20 minutes in 5 tbsp. water)
- 200g dairy free yogurt plain
- 150 Oat milk / Almond milk
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven 180°C
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients into a thick dough not too wet nor too dry.
- Knead for a minute and press into a soda bread shape.
- Bake for 50 minutes until firm to tap and cooked through.
- Let sit for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Served with happy pear dip and banana.