A flavoursome, creamy gravy. Perfect for drizzling over roasties, vegan sausages or pretty much anything!
Cooks in Minutes
- 5 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 brown onion peeled and diced
- 1 celery sticks washed and diced
- 25g dried porcini mushrooms
- 1/2 tbsp. dried thyme or 1 sprig of thyme (leave only)
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. vegan Worchester sauce (Biona do this)
- 1-pint veggie stock
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar (Ballyhoura farms do a nice one)
- 2 tbsp. plain flour
- In a saucepan add the olive oil, onion, dried mushrooms, and celery.
- Cook on a low to medium temperature stirring and cooking until the onions are soft, tender, and lightly crisped (approx. 6 minutes).
- Add the thyme, tomato paste and cook for a minute.
- Pour in the Worchester sauce, red wine vinegar (or balsamic), and stock.
- Bring the pot to boil, then lower to a steady simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spoon in the plain flour and stir until the flour is dissolved, the stock will begin to thicken.
- Blend until silky smooth. The gravy will be thick and creamy.