Toasted Almond and Vanilla Nice Cream
We don’t need good weather as an excuse to eat ice-cream, so even though the sun is starting to show it’s face, this ice-cream is an awesome dessert all year round! For those of you who have had gelato, this ice cream is a similar texture, creamy, smooth and stringy- yep stringy in a good way! It’s super indulgent and its crazy to think it’s just a few simple ingredients we probably all have in our presses already! Plus, it’s a handy way to use up soft bananas before they go totally off.
Cooks in 10 Minutes
- 4 bananas sliced and frozen ( in zip lock bags)
- 4 tbsp. maple syrup
- 4 tbsp. almond butter (smooth and runny)
- 60g toasted crushed almonds
- 1 tbsp. vanilla seeds
- Place the bananas, vanilla and maple syrup in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a container and add 4 dollops of almond butter throughout the banana mix.
- Using a spoon, stir, creating a marble effect.
- Sprinkle over with the crushed almonds.
- Place back in the freezer for 2 hours to set.