The Cookie Crunch – As seen on TV3’s Xpose
Stop what you are doing at this very moment…. buy these ingredients and change your life! These cookies are easy to wipe up and are by far the most tastiest healthy cookies around! I gathered all my favourite ingredients and started playing around with consistencies and methods it toke some time but here they are!
VEGAN, DAIRY-FREE, GLUTENFREE, PALEO
Serves 22 cookies
Cooks in Minutes
- 2 1/2 cups toasted buckwheat
- 2 cups desiccant coconut
- 1 cup toasted almonds – chopped or whole
- 1 cup toasted hazelnuts – chopped or whole
- 4 tbsp almond butter
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup cocoa nibs
- tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 175ºC
- Take your buckwheat, almonds, hazelnuts, desiccant coconut, nibs and salt place them in a food processor on a low seeing as not to over blend them. Mix until the ingredients have broken into pieces but not become milled (see photo). Alternatively if you don’t have a food processor get pre-chopped toasted almonds and hazelnuts.
- In a saucepan on low heat, melt the coconut oil, add in your honey,almond butter and coconut palm sugar let them dissolve on low heat be careful not to boil.
- Mix together your wet and dry ingredients.
- Prepare your baking tray, using a circular cutter, spoon in your mixture and press down using the back of the spoon, they should be about an inch thick.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes … let sit aside to fully cool as this process is how they will harden and keep their shap