Porridge is the best thing about living in a cold climate, it’s the ultimate bowl of comfort! Oat have the unfortunate name of being boring, but that’s just from years of making it with water and no extras- you really need to pimp out your porridge! This superfood bowl is the best way to start January mornings, giving a nice serving of protein, fibre , complex carbohydrates and antioxidants, offering you a slow release of energy with a nice little boost!
Cooks in Minutes
- 1 Tsp coconut oil
- 50g oats
- 200ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 egg white/ or tbsp. hemp seeds for vegan option
- ½ large Courgette grated finely
- tsp Spirulina or chlorella(or if you use a Supergreens that will do)
- tbsp. raw honey or granulated stevia (vegan and lower calorie option)
- 1 Kiwi
- tbsp. Bee pollen
- 10g Pistachio
- handful Blueberries
- tsp Goji
- 2 Sweet basil or mint leaves
Create your own toppings, here is an inspiration list- whole flax, flaked almond, diced pineapple, strawberries, banana, cacao nibs, buckwheat groats, mulberries, diced apple, broken dark chocolate, chia.
- Start by preparing the courgette, and separating the egg (if using).
- Place a small size saucepot over medium heat, add the coconut oil.
- Once the coconut oil is melted toss in the oats and stir for a moment, toasting a little.
- Pour in the almond milk and continue to stir until its about 50% cooked, then add in the grated courgette- keep stirring until a stodgy consistency is meet (or runny- however you like it).
- Remove from the heat and quickly whish in your egg white with a fork, this adds a real creaminess to the oats! – but work fast.
- Add the hemp seeds, raw honey and lastly stir in the Spirulina or greens of choice.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings and take an Instagram.