Summer Mexican Bowl
Struggling what to make for a delicious meatless Monday? I’ve got you sorted! Try out this delicious fresh Mexican style Buddha bowl featuring my favourite black bean sauce – made healthier! I love Mexican style salads. I’m a big fan of places like Tocaya Organica and Gracias Madre – both are in LA so I decided to make my own versions at home back in Ireland. Hope you enjoy this dish as much as I do 🙂
Cooks in 20 Minutes
- 1 tin black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 ripe avocado peeled and sliced
- 160g sweetcorn
- 250g cooked quinoa
- 1 tomato diced
- ½ red onion diced
- juice of 2 limes
- handful coriander chopped
- 200 ml vegetable stock
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp cayenne
- ½ ground chilli
- In a small saucepan over a medium to high heat add the black beans, spices and stock.
- Using a fork mash ½ of the black beans roughly, bring the saucepan to a boil and then turn down a tad and leave on a gentle simmer for 8-10 minutes until it begins to thicken.
- In a bowl, mix the diced tomato, onion and stir in the lime juice.
- Assemble your bowl and dive into a taste experience!