Here is a great snack, dinner or dinner party idea! The stuffing is also delicious served as a side dish. There is lots of great variations to this recipe so don’t worry if you don’t have all the ingredients listed I’ve given some additional options but its one of those recipes that you could use what ever is left in the fridge/kitchen press!
- 3 – 4 courgettes
- 1 Red Pepper diced
- Sweet Corn
- ½ Lime
- 5 small Cherry Tomatoes diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 Garlic gloves diced (add more if wanted)
- 2 tbsp oregano
- Handful fresh Basil chopped
- handful pine nuts chopped
- 4 tbsp cottage cheese
- 50g grated parmesan
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees
- Slice the courgettes in half and scoop out the insides using a spoon – reference picture
- Chop up the inside of the courgette which was scooped out as part of the filling.
- Mix the diced pepper, tomatoes, sweet corn, onion, courgette and garlic in a bowl.
- Then add in the cottage cheese and herbs and mix all together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Scoop the mixture into the courgette ‘boats’
- Place the courgette boats on a tray with tin foil.
- Sprinkle the grated parmesan on the boats.
- Place in the oven for 10-15 mins at 180 degrees
- When nearly cooked pop into the grill for another 5 mins so you get a nice grilled cheese effect on top. (Mark 3/high on the Grill)