Spiced Cranberry & Orange Upside Down Cake
Cooks in Minutes
- 250g almond ground
- Zest from 2 oranges
- Juice from half an orange
- 4 tbsp honey
- 4 eggs
- tbsp baking powder
- tbsp mixed spice
- 2 handfuls fresh cranberries
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar/granulated sweetener of choice/powdered stevia
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cups of cranberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp honey
- Preheat the Oven
- In a food processor mix the coconut oil and the coconut sugar into a smooth paste.
- Slice some of the cranberries in half and leave the rest whole. Stir into your coconut & sugar paste.
- Spread this mixtures on the bottom of a LINED round baking tin.Grease the side with a little coconut oil.
- Add all other ingredients into a mixing bowl and blend into a smooth batter.
- Pour into your lined baking tin.
- Bake for 50 minutes.Cover with tinfoil if the top is getting a little too browned.Check with a skewer if baked through.
- Let sit aside for at least an hour before removing from the tin and peeling gently off the baking paper.
- For the topping sauce, Place the cranberries and water in a microwavable bowl and microwave for 2-2.30 minutes until the cranberries burst and are easy to mash using a fork (some will still be whole that’s OK), add in the honey and stir well.
* best served a little warm with my whipped coconut cream.
- 1 can refrigerated coconut milk
- 1 lime
- 1 fresh vanilla pod
- 1 tbsp honey
- Remove the hardened coconut cream from the can, discard the watery part.
- Add in the zest of a lime along with fresh vanilla seeds and the honey.
- Whisk the coconut as you would cream until slightly stiff.