Long summer evenings call for a delicious saintly mojito! If you’re planning a BBQ or a pre-drinks, this cocktail recipe will go down a treat.
Instead of shaking and straining, I sometimes blend everything in a food processor and strain through a sieve for an extreme mojito experience!
Cooks in 10 Minutes
- 1 lime, unpeeled and cut into segments
- handful of fresh mint leaves, chopped, plus an extra sprig to garnish
- 1/2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 50ml white rum
- 50ml coconut water
- handful of crushed ice, plus extra to serve
- Put the lime segments and mint leaves into a cocktail shaker and crush them together with a pestle or a muddler.
- Zap the honey or maple syrup in the microwave to warm it up a little. Add it to the shaker along with the rest of the ingredients, put on the lid and shake well to combine.
- Fill a glass (or an old jam jar if you want to be trendy) with ice. Strain the mojito into the glass and garnish with a sprig of fresh mint.