Root Vegetable Colcannon
A one-pot recipe for the most delicious mash you will ever try!
Cooks in 30 Minutes
• 4 carrots washed well and diced (you can leave the peel on here or peel for a smoother texture)
• 2 parsnips peeled and washed, diced
• 1 turnip peeled and diced
• 2 tbsp. vegan butter
• 1 tbsp. olive oil
• 2 spring onions diced finely (opt for green parts here)
• 150g chard, kale or cabbage washed and diced finely
• 1 tsp. sea salt
• 1 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
• 20g parsley leaves diced
• Place the carrot, parsnip, turnip into a large pot and cover to the top with water. Bring to boil and let simmer for 12-15 minutes until tender and cooked.
• While this is cooking in a pan add 1 tbsp. of oil and the greens (chard or kale) and cook for 2-3 minutes until wilted and cooked. Toss in the spring onions and cook for 1 minute.
• Once the veg is cooked (carrot, parsnip and turnip), pop into a food processor along with the vegan butter, salt and pepper and blend into a creamy smooth mash.
• Spoon the mash into the pan and stir into the greens.
• Stir in the oil, salt and pepper and blend to combine fully.
• Placing in a serving dish and enjoy.