Rich Vegan Chocolate Cake
Looking for the ULTIMATE Vegan Chocolate Cake recipe? This cake is moist, fudgy, and so chocolatey – it’s delicious!
Cooks in 40 Minutes
• 350ml almond milk
• 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
• 250g cane sugar
• 150 ml oil ( olive, vegetable)
• 2 tsp. vanilla paste
• 220g plain/gluten free flour
• 4 tbsp. cacao powder
• 1/2 tsp. baking powder
• 1 tsp. baking soda
• Pinch salt
• 400g vegan dark chocolate melted
• 1 tin coconut milk cream refrigerated (white part scooped out)
• Line a 2 x 8” springform tins.
• Preheat the oven to 180°C.
• In a large bowl combine all the cake ingredients using a balloon whisk.
• Spoon this mix into two lined tins dividing evenly.
• Bake for 25 minutes.
• Let cool fully before assembling.
• For the frosting. Remove the coconut milk tin from the fridge and open, scoop out the hardened white part ( the cream) there should be 3-4 tbsp. Melt the chocolate and stir in the coconut cream. Stir until there are no lumps. The chocolate will thicken into a creamy spread.
• Layer up the cake by spreading half the mix between the two sides of cake and a layer on top.
• Finish off by adding winter berries to top it off.