Quinoa – Simple Summer Salad
I’m not a fan of traditional salads that leave me hungry and lack any satisfaction. I love quinoa and this salad has a great mix of tastes and textures, easy to make and keeps you going for hours. I know a lot of people have trouble cooking quinoa, so if you are one of those check out ‘Alice & Oscars’ express quinoa, I have bought this in Fallon & Byrne, Avoca, most health stores and I have seen other brands in larger supermarkets, also Holland & Barrett do an own brand.
*Enjoy now or perfect as a packed lunch!
Cooks in Minutes
- 1.1/2 cups of quinoa -cooked
- 1 de-seeded pomegranate- you can buy this pre-seeded in most supermarkets.
- 1/2 butternut squash- diced into cubes.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 50g /half pack Toasted flaked almonds
- Handful of fresh parsley leaves
**To add extra flavour :
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp olive oil or udos oil
- Cook the quinoa – 2 parts water for one part quinoa (as if you are cooking rice) or optional buy the pre-cooked quinoa.
- Roast the butternut squash in coconut oil /olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- De-seed the pomegranate, and dice avocado into small pieces.
- Place your cooked quinoa and butternut squash into a bowl,add the pomegranate, avocado, almonds and chopped parsley.
- Add your oil and cumin stir until it is all combined well.