My college days were mostly spent ordering pizzas, Its one of my favourite foods but unfortunately I know too much/ or even too little about what is actually in the commercial pizzas we buy. Not to mention we are constantly reminded by trainers and gym fanatics the number of miles you would have to walk to burn off a slice(don’t need that stress):)….. So I was slightly distraught having had no pizza in a long time. I have made healthy pizzas before the cauliflower base ones, gluten free, wholegrain etc… Being the quinoa addicted I am I investigated whether or not it was possible, and it is! With just normal quinoa not flakes, flour or any of the fancy stuff! There is lots of variations on this recipe this is just a nice plain one for you to experiment with your favourite toppings!Its a weekend wonder, so plan a night in and have a guilt free pizza party!
Warning there is some overnight preparation! ✓GLUTENFREE ✓DAIRYFREE ✓VEGAN ✓PALEO
Now for the fun part! The Toppings!
What I used – Pizza 1
- Tomato Puree (spread all over the base)
- Roasted Red Pepper Sauce (homemade)
- Parma Ham
- Black Olives chopped
- Nutritional Yeast
*served w/ roasted butternut squash & pumpkin seeds
What I used – Pizza 2
- Tomato Puree
- Parma Ham
- Grated Mozzarella
*served with homemade sweet potato wedges
Send me pictures of your Favourite toppings twitter @rozannapurcell or instagram @rozannapurcell
Cooks in Minutes
*2 small pizzas or 1 large
- 1 cup of quinoa (soaked overnight)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/2 garlic powder
- Tsp of apple cider vinegar
- Olive oil for greasing base
*Preheat oven 200°C
- Drain the quinoa and place in a food processor along with all other ingredients except the oil. Blend until a smooth paste forms.
- Spoon onto greased parchment paper and spread into a nice thin round base.
- Place on a baking tray and bake in oven for 15-20 minutes.Until its golden and has hardened.
- Take out and carefully using a nice loosen the crust from the paper. BUT DONT TAKE IT OFF YET- Next add toppings and place back in oven for another 2-5 minutes depending on what you want!