Pumpkin & Hemp Cheesy Oat Bread
This oat bread is delicious and the best part its simple to make. All ingredients can be found in your local supermarket. If you can’t find apple cider vinegar and herbamare there, don’t worry your local health food store will definitely have some. This bread is packed with fibre and plant based protein and the seeds gives this bread a gloriously crunchy texture.
This bread is ideal for savoury or sweet options!
Cooks in 60 Minutes
- 250g oats (gluten free optional)
- 50g hemp seeds (I used linseeds)
- 60g pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp. milled flaxseed (I used Linwood’s)
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 250ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp. herbamare (or pinch salt plus tsp mixed herbs)
- 4 tbsp. nutritional yeast – for the cheesy flavour
- In a food processor, add the oats and pumpkin seeds, blend into a flour consistency.
- Pour the mix into a medium sized mixing bowl, stir in the baking soda, flax, hemp and nutritional yeast.
- Make a small well in the centre of the dry mix and pour in the almond milk and apple cider vinegar.
- Stir to combine well, the bread dough should be a little wet and sticky.
- Spoon into a lined 1Ibs bread tin and let sit for 20-30 minutes before baking in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Let cool before slicing.
- Store in a zip lock bag or container at room temp for up the 5 days.
- Perfect for toasting or buttering up with some warm soup.