What room has no door or windows? A mushroom!
If you love your mushrooms here is an easy, creamy comforting dish for an evening in. It’s one you’ll want over and over again.
Serves 2 large portions
Cooks in 35 Minutes
• 1 tbsp. olive oil
• 2 large or 4 small cloves of garlic peeled and crushed
• 600g mushrooms washed and sliced
• 4 sprigs of thyme (just leaves)
• 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
• 300ml vegetable stock
• 150 milk nut milk/oat milk
• 2 tbsp. flour (I used buckwheat, fine oat flour and plain white flour work too)
• In a deep-frying pan or pot over a medium heat add the oil and garlic and cook for 30 seconds stirring.
• Toss in the mushrooms and thyme, stir and cook for 5 minutes until the mushrooms are browned and have softened.
• Stir in the balsamic and cook for a minute.
• Add the stock and milk and add the flour.
• Bring to boil and then a gentle simmer stirring until the flour is no longer visible.
• Simmer for 4-5 minute until the sauce has thickened up into a rich creamy texture.
• Season as desired.