Mini Christmas Pudding Balls
Its Christmassssss! I know you guys are stuck inside with this weather so its the perfect time to get some Christmas baking under way. These are an easy no fuss way to get that Christmas pudding hit. They’re also handy as they can be prepped far in advance so on the day you can relax knowing the after dinner treats are sorted. You can make these balls without the marzipan but if you love it like I do you’ll love this easy version. There is also a “How to” video of this recipe over on the @naturalbornfeeder instagram page for extra guidance.
Cooks in 20 Minutes
- 150g hazelnuts
- 200g walnuts
- 100g dates
- 70g dried cranberries
- 50g raisins/sultanas
- zest of 1/2 and orange
- 1/2 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 80g Ground Almond
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp spirulina or matcha powder
- 1/2 tsp beet juice or powder
- In a food processor combine all the ingredients for the balls into a thick sticky dough.
- Using your hands roll 15 balls.
- For the marzipan, in a small bowl combine the ground almond, maple and almond extract into a dough.
- Divide the marzipan into 3 sections, one large and two smaller portions.
- In the smaller portion bowls add red colouring to one( beet) and green colouring( spirulina) to the other. Stir each bowl until you have a smooth red marzipan in one bowl and a green marzipan in the other and the large portion will be plain (a light beige colour with no colouring.)
- With the green, using your hands mould little leaves and with the red mould little cherry balls, just like the above picture.
- Add the plain marzipan to the top of each Christmas ball pressing down into a circular shape followed by adding the green leaves and red cherry balls.
- Store in the fridge for up to 10 days.