Light Egg Fried Rice
Want a comforting meal in minutes- this is it! I love fried rice and this lighter version is even faster to whip up and will leave you feeling satisfied and energised! There’s so much flavour added by our favourite veggies and a delicious crunch from one of my cupboard favourite peanut butter! It’s also a fantastic recipe to get extra veggies into children and just another way you can add eggs into your day. Remember to always use Bord Bia Quality Mark Eggs!
This is a sponsored post as part of Bord Bia’s World Egg Day 2017 campaign.
Cooks in 20 Minutes
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 small garlic cloves or 1 large peeled and crushed
- 1 inch of ginger peeled and grated
- 1 small cauliflower flower head washed and cut into florets – dry any excess water off with kitchen paper
- 2 tbsp. tamari or soya
- 2 handfuls frozen peas
- 1 medium sized carrot peeled and diced into small cubes
- 1/2 small head of broccoli diced finely into florets – removing the stem
- 2 eggs (remember to always use Bord Bia Quality Mark Eggs)
- 2 tbsp. crunchy peanut butter (1 tbsp. per serving)
- Pinch of Sea Salt and Fresh Pepper
- Start by preparing your cauliflower. Place the washed cauliflower florets into a food processor and blitz into small chunks (about the size of a peanut).
- In a large pan over medium heat add the oil along with the garlic, ginger and carrot, cook for 2 minutes.
- Next add the broccoli and cook for a further 2 minutes stirring to ensure even cooking.
- Now add the cauliflower rice, peas and soya, cook for 2 minutes turning the heat to high.
- Create a well in the centre of the pan and crack in the 2 eggs, sprinkling over with the salt and pepper.
- Using a wooden spoon scramble the eggs and stir (only the eggs in the middle) until cooked.
- Combine the eggs into the rest of the ingredients and divide into to bowls.
- Top off with a drizzle of peanut butter over each and a squeeze of lime.