Who’s have thought you could make a delicious pizza dough with fermented milk? Well you can and it’s so simple and tastes sooo good! I used spelt and Lifewaykefir to make a dough including some herbs which you can switch up depending on your preference.
If you have any recipes including fermented foods let me know @naturalbornfeeder
You can pick up Lifeway Kefir in SuperValu or Dunnes Stores. This is a sponsored post and part of a series of Kefir recipes.
Serves 1 pizza (8 slices)
Cooks in 30 Minutes
- 200g spelt four
- 150ml plain Lifeway kefir
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Cherry tomatoes
- Parma ham
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- Combine the spelt, kefir and herbs in a mixing bowl and work together with your hands to create a dough (not too wet or dry).
- Prepare a clean surface for rolling and sprinkle with a little extra flour before rolling out the dough to a thin light crust.
- Place on a non-stick or lined baking tray and brush or drizzle with the olive oil.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C for 12 minutes until the edges have turned golden brown and the base has firmed up and risen a little.
- Place on your toppings and return to the oven to bake for a further 8 minutes (this may take longer depending on the toppings you pick as some toppings will need extra time).