High Protein Vegan “Meat” Balls
Looking for some veggie dish inspo that’s high in protein? Try these delicious high protein vegan “meat” balls. I’m drooling just writing this thinking about them.
Serves 2 portions
Cooks in 60 Minutes
• 1 tin black beans rinsed and drained
• 150g tofu crumbled
• 2 tbsp. relish of choice
• 1 red onion peeled and diced finely
• 1 small courgette washed and grated
• 1 tbsp. oil
• 2 cloves of garlic peeled and crushed
• 2.5 tbsp. brown rice blended into a flour texture.
• Preheat the oven to 190°C
• In a food processor add the beans and relish. Blend into a smooth-ish texture. Add the tofu and blend for just 10-20 seconds to mix it in well. Tip this mix into a bowl.
• In a shallow frying pan add the oil, red onion, garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes until the onion is golden and cooked.
• Stir the onion mix into the bowl along with the bean mix.
• Stir in the brown rice flour and stir into a thick heavy batter.
• Roll the batter into 8 balls.
• Place on a line baking tray and bake for 45 minutes until golden and browned all along the edges and cooked through.