Crunchy little snacks to have on the go! I love energy balls to keep at arms length to warn off hanger but sometimes raw ones just don’t hit the spot. These granola bites have a delicious toasty outer layer packed full of crunch and chewiness! They can be tricky to roll hence why letting the mix sit in the fridge is key, the coconut oil sets a little to make the mix nice and sticky. The bites are suitable for storing at room temperature and last 10 days in an airtight container.
Cooks in 10 Minutes
- 75g pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- 3 tbsp chia seeds soaked in 9 tbsp water for atleast 20 minutes
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds whole
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 100g ground almond
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp almond butter
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Start by melted the coconut oil over low heat add in the coconut sugar and almond butter and stir until dissolved with no separation. Stirring constantly while the mix thickens (5 minutes).The sauce should be a tick smooth liquid caramel in colour.
- In a separate mixing bowl add in the seeds, cacao nibs, flaxseed, coconut and ground almond.
- Pour in the liquid and stir to combine ensuring every inch is covered.
- Next spoon in the thickened chia seeds and combine.
- Let sit in the refrigerator for 20 minutes before rolling into balls and placing on a baking tray
- Bake for 20 minutes until lightly golden around the edges.