Give Us Today Our Daily Bread
Im a big lover of my bread, my usual go to recipe ‘THAT BREAD’ -the seeded miracle bread is a favourite of mine, but it always seems a bit of an effort to make and took me countless times to get it right and even when I did, I found It difficult to cut and a little messy. BUT NO MORE….. So here is the new updated recipe, its very similar in regards ingredients, it is just the method that has really changed * flouring the nuts and oats pre-baking. I also made it a savoury to vut out the sweeteners & because I usually have it with avocado & eggs or for lunch time sambos!
I used sumac (traditional lebanese spice), but i would recommend caraway seeds or rosemary, thyme even oregano!For a sweeter sensation you could try cardamon, cinnamon or ground all spice!
I highly recommend this bread as a day starter, Its packed full of fibre, protein from the nuts and quinoa and of course flavour! Its great served with eggs, nut butters, or simple with coconut oil spread on top!
* My favourite serving suggestion!
Mash boiled eggs with coconut oil w/salt & pepper.
Use plenty of mashed avocado as your butter & tower the eggs on top! perfect healthy breakfast option and beats your breakfast roll!
*I also served it with some slow cooked scrambled eggs made w/ almond milk and naughty, but chorizo fried off w/ paprika!
This bread should be a lot easier to cut and make thinner slices,so great for making sandwiches and bringing to work- no mess,no guilt!
PS. Even Ryan said its ok to eat this bread…..
Cooks in Minutes
- 1 cup quinoa flakes or oat flakes (I used all quinoa flakes)
- 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1 cup of almonds almonds
- 2 cups of pumpkin seeds
- 3 full tbsp of psyillium husk powder
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 1/2 cups water
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup of flaxseeds (whole or milled) – I prefer whole
Spices – Optional
- 2 tbsp of dried spices or herb
*Preheat oven to 350°F/ 175°C
- Place the almonds,quinoa flakes (or oats) and 1 cup of the pumpkin seeds into a food processor and blend until they form a flour, alternatively you could use almond flour instead of whole almonds.Place your flour in a bowl.
- Stir in all other ingredients apart from the water.
- Now slowly add in the water stirring continuously.
- Place in a lined tin or silicone , like the other bread recipe let it sit and absorb for at least 1-2 hours, until it hardens.( I know pain…)
- Cook it for roughly an hour like the last recipe but no need to take it out of the tin mid baking.
- I gave mine an extra 5 minutes – test by using a knife or skewer if it comes out clean she’s good to go!If not give the bread another 5 and re-check.