Egg & Pepper Bake
What I love most about this egg and pepper bake, is that you can eat it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. You can also substitute ingredients to suit your taste. I try pack mine full of greens and peppers to add some sweetness. This is a great meal post workout, high in protein, healthy fats and good carbs. It also takes under 20 minutes to prep and make 🙂
Cooks in 20 Minutes
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ onion (finely diced)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 5 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. tomato puree
- 1-2 tbsp. hot sauce (this is dependent on how hot you like it)
- 100g salami (cut into strips)
- 4 peppers (mix of red and yellow, sliced finely into long strips)
- .5 tsp. black pepper
- .5 avocado (diced)
- Handful of fresh coriander leaves
- 3 eggs
- Add oil to a large skillet over medium to high heat and toss in garlic and onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in peppers and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add spices, tomato puree and hot sauce and cook for a further 2 minutes. At this point the peppers should be wilted but still have some bite (give one a taste to check!).
- Next, add the salami, stirring for 1-2 minutes to combine all the flavours.
- Create three wells in the mix and crack an egg into each. Place a lid on the skillet and cook for 1.5-2 minutes (note: this time is for soft eggs).
- Serve with fresh coriander and avocado.