Creamy Tahini Veggie Noodle Stir Fry
This was a recipe from “No Food Waste Friday’s”. Those of you who don’t know what I’m talking about, I do a Friday clear out of my fridge and make dinner from whatever is left over – think of it like, Ready Steady Cook to save the veg that’s about to go off. Now, I usually meal plan to avoid waste but no matter what, there is always a few stragglers left after the week just enough to make a meal for 2! Hopefully this recipe gives you some inspiration for how to make a meal with typical leftovers and some simple basic ingredients.
Cooks in 30 Minutes
• 1 tbsp. oil
• 1 large red pepper washed de-seeded and sliced very thinly
• 2 courgette washed and spiralized
• 1 large or 2 small carrots washed and spiralized
• 400g firm tofu broken into pieces
• 2 tbsp. tahini
• 2-3 tbsp. nutritional yeast
• 2 tbsp. tamari
• In a large deep-frying pan or wok, add the olive oil and the veggies.
• Stir and cook for 5-6 minutes until the veggies are wilted and cooked through (have a bite to test).
• Toss in the tofu and stir and cook for 2 minutes (you can pan fry the tofu off first in a little oil and tamari for a crispy finish).
• Spoon in the tahini, tamari and nutritional yeast combining all ingredients into a creamy dish.
• Serve up and enjoy.