Coconut Almond Crunch Biscuits
My favourite combination – almonds and coconut, combined into a healthy crunchy biscuit. This recipe has got big thumbs up from friends and family who have been testing it out for me and it’s now a regular in the apartment. Aside from how good these taste, they are so easy to make. There’s very little ingredients needed and the best part is they set in the freezer! Since the almonds and coconut are pre-toasted you get some serious crunch action without the fear of crumbling apart. These last 7 days kept in a sealed tuber ware container in the fridge.
Cooks in 45 Minutes
- 200g flaked almonds
- 5 tbsp. desiccated coconut
- 6 tbsp. honey or maple
- 3 tbsp. almond butter
- pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven 200°C.
- Sprinkle out the faked almonds on a lined baking tray and toast for 8 minutes until golden in colour (toss intermittently for even results)-after the first 3 minutes add in the desiccated coconut to toast also until browned.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the toasted coconut and almond with sea salt.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the almond butter and honey. Stirring to combine until fully melted.
- Bring the mix to a gentle boil, continuing to stir for 2-3 minutes. The mix will begin to lift from the bottom of the pan and become really thick like a heavy caramel – once this happens remove and pour over the coconut and almonds.
- Working quickly, stir the mix into the dry ingredients covering it completely.
- Break into sections and mould into a thick cookie shape.
- Place on a tray and set to the freezer to set for 20-30 minutes.
- Garnish with a drizzle and dip of dark chocolate (see pictures).