This recipe came about by total fluke, I had been craving sugar badly and a really wanted something chocolatey and baked but HEALTHY! This recipe was a combination of whatever I found in the press and viola the .Best.Brownies.Ever. I added my topping of caramel sauce and popcorn but they are just as whooper by themselves. Enjoy 🙂
Serves Makes 6 brownies
Cooks in 40 Minutes
- 70g dark chocolate
- 60g almond butter
- 4 tbsp. maple/honey
- 2 eggs
- 18g coconut flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- 1 tsp. xanthan gum/baking powder
- extra 40g choc chunks – optional
- 1 tbsp. sunflower seed butter, tahini or almond butter
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil melted
- 1.5 tbsp. honey or maple
- pinch sea salt
- 1 x 20g bag sweet and salty popcorn (I used Propercorn)
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C
- Melt the dark chocolate.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine the almond butter and maple, add in the coconut oil (melted), vanilla and stir until a creamy smooth sauce is formed.
- In a separated dish, stir the eggs and melted dark chocolate. It will become a little thick, pour this into the almond butter mix and combine all the ingredients until smooth, it will be a little runny at this stage.
- Next spoon in the coconut flour and xanthin gum and using a fork whisk (but don’t over stir).
- When the flour is fully mixes and the batter has thickened, toss in the extra chocolate chunks now (this is optional).
- Pour into a lined 1 lbs bread tin.
- Bake for 22-23 minutes, until the top has become a little firm but still spongey when pressed.
- Let cool for 20 minutes before slicing.
- For the caramel, combine all the ingredients together until smooth, pour over each brownie slice and sprinkle with popcorn.