Chickpea, Sweet potato and Spinach curry
You can never have enough curry recipes especially ones that are easy, quick and use accessible ingredients. This curry is so tasty and comforting you won’t believe just how simple it is to make at home. I have collaborated with innocent using their dairy free coconut to create this recipe for you guys. The coconut drink is deliciously creamy with only 5 ingredients & no artificial additives, one of the ingredients is citrus fibre which I find really interesting, a natural ingredient giving the drink its creamy texture rather than typical emulsifiers and thickening agents. I love coconut milk not only for curries but overnight oats, porridge, soups and more it’s a really versatile drink and perfect to add to your fridge essentials to tart up recipes.
I have created a video for this recipe just incase you need some extra guidance just head over to my Instagram to have a look . Don’t forget to tag me in your recreations and let me know what you think of the recipe.
Innocent coconut drink is available in Dunnes Stores, Tesco, selected Eurospar, along with select Fresh and Donnybrook Fair outlets.
Cooks in 20 Minutes
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 onion diced very fine
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 “ ginger peeled and grated
- 2-3 tbsp. curry paste ( red, yellow or green works here) ( 3 tbsp. if you like it spicy)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp. tamari sauce
- 100ml water
- 1 large sweet potato(250g) peeled and diced into small cubes
- 1 x(400g) tin chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1x tin chopped tomatoes
- 300ml innocent dairy free coconut drink
- 200g baby spinach
- juice of 1 lime
- In a large pot/deep pan over high heat add the oil and onion let sizzle for 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Add the garlic, ginger, curry paste, spices, water and sweet potato stir and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Next tip in the chopped tomatoes, chickpeas, coconut milk, set the heat to medium and let the pot simmer for 12-15 minutes with the lid on.
- Check the sweet potato is tender using a fork. Turn the heat off stir in the spinach , tamari, lime juice and place the lid back on for 2 minutes until the spinach is wilted down.
- Serving suggestion; rice to serve along with garnishes ( optional)chopped coriander, diced red chilli and limes.