Baked Banana Bread Oats
Few friends dropping by for brunch, this is the recipe to screen grab:) A sweet filling breakfast and perfect for sharing. I served this alongside Coyo, some dairy free yogurt or greek yogurt would really set this dish off!
Serves 6 portions
Cooks in 45 Minutes
- 230g Oats – I used a mix of jumbo and quick oats (gluten free oats work here also)
- 4 Bananas
- 2 tbsp. Coconut sugar
- 100ml Almond Milk
- 1 tbsp. Cinnamon
- ½ tbsp. Mixed spice
- 100g Pecan or walnuts- extra for sprinkling on top
- 2 tbsp. Maple
- tsp vanilla essence
- 3 tbsp. Milled Flax or chia seeds
- tsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven 180°C
- Place the oats, flax, coconut sugar, cinnamon, mixed spice in a bowl and combine.
- In a blender combine 2 bananas, vanilla and all the almond milk until pureed.
- Stir into the dry mix using a spoon until the mix is completely wet.
- In a deep set frying pan( suitable for oven use) add a little coconut oil, once melted toss in the other 2 banana diced and pecans cook for 1-2 minutes .
- Add in the maple and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until the banana is browned and pecans lightly toasted.
- Remove from the heat and spoon in the oat mixture combining with the banana and nuts, smoothing over the top and placing in the oven to bake for 30 minutes until golden toasted on top.
- Dig in and enjoy served with some Yogurt- Greek or dairy free!