Almond & Berry Buckwheat Pancakes
Serves 2 (16 small pancakes)
Cooks in 15 Minutes
- 150g buckwheat flour
- 4 tbsp. ground almond
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tbsp. maple/honey
- 2 tbsp. milled flaxseed
- 4 tbsp. Alpro plain with almond (plant based alternative to yogurt. It’s low in fat and sugars and high in plant based proteins)
- 300ml Alpro unsweetened almond drink
- 1 tsp. coconut oil for frying
- 2 tbsp. Alpro plain with almond
- Fresh berries
- Cacao nibs
- Almond butter
- Place all pancake batter ingredients into a medium sized mixing bowl and, using a spoon combine well until a nice thick smooth batter is formed.
- Prepare a non-stick pan over high heat. Add some coconut oil and lower the heat to medium.
- Spoon 2 good tablespoons of batter to form each pancake (I used an egg mold to keep mine all the same size).
- Cook for 3 minutes’ ether side until the edges are browning and safe enough to flip, the colour should be golden on either side with crispy edges.
- Continue this process until all the batter is used (if you keep some batter stored in the fridge – you might need to add some extra almond drink the next time you make pancakes, as the batter will thicken with time).
- I served mine with extra Alpro plain with almond, berries and almond butter 🙂