A Simple Banana Bread
Banana bread its one recipe you can never stop exploring with! I made this just playing around in the kitchen, it has great texture, and rises very high naturally. After It was baked I left it sit aside until it had fully cooled, perfect for re-heating and I even had some reheated 3 days later and it tasted delicious! I want to see your re-creations so tag me on Instagram @rozannapurcell
Cooks in Minutes
- 1 cup buckwheat flour gluten free
- 1 cup wholemeal spelt
- 2 eggs separated
- 5 bananas – 4 mashed & 1 whole
- 1tsp vanilla powder or essence
- 1/2cup coconut sugar
- 12 big medjool dates
- 1/2 cup dairy free milk – I used coconut
- Preheat oven 190ºC
- Whisk egg whites till stiff (this avoids using baking powder).
- Add all other ingredients into blender except the whole banana. Blend until completely smooth with no bits (especially from the dates).
- Fold in the egg whites.
- Pour into baking tin (lined or greased).
- Slice the banana left and place on top. Glaze with a little honey.
- Bake at 190ºC for 40 min.Wait until it has cooled a little before removing it from the tin, however it shouldn’t fall apart its a very sturdy mix