Roasted Brussels sprouts and butternut squash tossed in pesto and nutritional yeast served with tofu, spinach, almonds and rice makes the perfect warm salad bowl.
• 2 tbsp. oil
• 250g Brussels sprouts scrubbed clean and halved
• 250g cooked wild/brown rice
• ½ large butternut squash peeled and diced into small chunks
• 400g Organic firm tofu diced into cubes
• 2 tbsp. vegan pesto
• 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast
• 80g flaked almonds
• 100g spinach leaves washed and diced
• Preheat oven to 200°C (preheat for 5-6 minutes).
• On a large baking tray add the Brussels sprouts and squash, drizzle over with the olive oil and season.
• Bake for 25 minutes until the squash and sprouts are golden and cooked through.
• In a large mixing bowl add the Tofu pieces.
• Spoon in the pesto and combine with a spoon until the tofu is covered in the pesto.
• Pour in the nutritional yeast and stir once more until the yeast coats the pesto covered tofu.
• Tip the tofu pieces onto a baking tray, scrapping any excess pesto from the bowl out on top of the tofu.
• Bake for 25 minutes until the tofu is golden coloured. Add the flaked almonds for the last 3 minutes to toast on a clean dry part of the tray.
• Let cool for 5-6 minutes for the tofu to crisp up.
• In a large bowl combine the roasted squash, sprouts, cooked rice, spinach.
• Top with the baked pesto tofu and the flaked almonds.