I’m gone cookie mad I know but there really is nothing better with a cup of tea than a crunchy dunk-able cookie! These came to life through some left over (naked toffee pop) base – I hate seeing things go to waste and lucky I tried this out. I’ve been making these non stop now. I used That Protein Raw Cacao Brown rice protein but you could also swap this for simply just the equivalent measure using raw cacao.
- 150g raw cashews
- 50g raw pecans
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or seeds
- 4 tbsp. Brown Rice Chocolate flavoured protein- I used that protein (see notes above for more)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a food processor place in the nuts, coconut oil, maple and vanilla combine until it forms into a dough like mixture. The nuts should be broken down fully (like ground almond would look).
- Spoon in the cacao protein and blend for 30 seconds more until the whole mix turns dark brown.
- Take sections and using your hands roll into balls a little smaller than a golf ball, press these evenly down into a cookie shape about 2cm in height before baking
- Bake for 15 mins in a preheated oven.
- Store in a sealed jar or container for up to 6 days.