Yum! Mac’n’cheese, I love this stuff. Growing up I lived off pasta when my mum and dad were away and going into college I had it breakfast, lunch and dinner. Mac ‘n’ cheese was always something I viewed as super indulgent HOWEVER this Mac’n’Cheese well it got all the same feels but a little lighter and you won’t feel sluggish after a bowl. The sauce is a creamy, cheesy and smooth, you won’t be able to have plain pasta ever again. On a side note this sauce also goes really well with any sort of veggie noodles, mixed beans and tofu! Hope you love this recipe and don’t forget to check out the ‘How to” video over on my instagram if you want to see a step by step of how this is made.
- 100g butternut squash peeled and diced into small cubes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 150g cashews soaked in water overnight
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 5 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- pinch sea salt
- 2 servings macaroni pasta or pasta of choice
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Start by roasting the butternut squash. Place the cubes onto a flat baking tray and drizzle over the oil mixing it around to cover all of the squash.
- Roast for 20 minutes until browned along the edges and soft. The smaller the pieces of squash the faster it will roast.
- While this is roasting cook off the pasta as per instructions on the bag. Once cooked place it to one side until already to use.
- Drain the cashews to get rid of any access water after soaking.
- In a food processor or blender add the roasted butternut squash, cashews, nutritional yeast, paprika and salt. Blend into a smooth thick sauce.
- Pour over and mix into the cooked pasta and enjoy!