So, I don’t want to over excite you guys but these may be the best cookies you’re ever going to make. If you have been following Natural Born Feeder for a while, you will know my obsession with cookies – they are the best partner with a cuppa! I am forever coming up with cookie concoctions and this time I’ve nailed it. I’ve made them 4 times this week alone they are just so good. The texture is crunchy and toasted on the outside and soft and chewy in the middle. To achieve this texture you do have to let them cool fully (I know it’s hard but you can do it). These cookies last up to 7 days if stored in an airtight container. Also, all tablespoon readings are LEVEL – If you’re big into baking its worth getting a spoon measuring set particularly for baking as it guarantees precise amounts so there won’t be any mishaps.
- 155g ground almond
- 4 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil at room temp
- 3 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tbsp. flax (soaked in 3 tbsp water for 20 minutes)
- 35g dark or vegan chocolate chopped into chunks
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place the ground almonds in a mixing bowl along with the maple syrup, coconut oil, coconut sugar, vanilla essence and sea salt. Using a fork, mix them into a a sticky wet dough – there should be no trace of coconut oil visible.
- Next, add in the soaked flaxseed which should be pretty gloopy and combine well into the mix.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks.
- The mix should be slightly wet but sticky enough to take sections and roll into balls before. Place them on to a non-stick or lined baking tray and using your fingers pressing down to roughly 1.5 cm in height.
- Bake for 24 minutes until golden along the edges and still a tiny bit soft in the middle. Let cool for 30 mins before using a spatula to lift each one off. They’re super crunchy on the outside yet chewy and soft in the middle – it’s like a party in your mouth!