This homemade spelt pita bread is super easy to make, soft, chewy and full of flavour! Paired with my tuna mayo recipe it makes the perfect lunch time meal. Canned tuna is a great source of low-fat protein and provides lots of vitamins and minerals.
- 3 tbsp. spelt- 50g
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Greek yogurt
- ½ tbsp. dried mixed herbs
- Pinch salt
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tin tuna in brine
- 100g greek yogurt
- 1 plum tomato diced finely(pulp removed)
- ¼ red onion chopped finely
- 1 scallion diced
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 2 ” cucumber finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley chopped
- Preheat oven 200°C – must be preheated!
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and combine using your hands unti la dough texture is reached.
- Prepare a clean surface for rolling with a sprinkle of spelt flour.
- Using a rolling pin roll out the pita until about 1 cm in height.
- Place on a lined baking tray for 12 mins before turning over and baking the other side for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 2 minutes before carefully cutting lengthways along the edge to form a pouch.
- Stuff with tuna mayo or your favourite fillings.