COOKIES 🍪 your weekend baking is sorted! These toasted pecan cookies are simple to make and taste indulgent as hell! The main ingredient here is some cashew butter so grab a tub on the way home from work for a weekend treat. This is an all in one mix so couldn’t be any easier to make!
- 6 tbsp. smooth nut butter- I recommend cashew butter
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil at room temp
- 5 tbsp. maple
- 4 tbsp. cacao powder
- 1 egg or 1 flax egg (1 tbsp. of milled flaxseed soaked in 3 tbsp. of water for 15 minutes)
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 50g dark chocolate broken into chunks
- 50g pecans toasted
- Preheat oven to 180•C
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the nut butter, coconut oil, maple, cacao powder, egg and baking powder and mix well using a spoon or fork.
- Stir in the toasted pecans and the chocolate chunks.
- Prepare a flat baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Using two dessert spoons(tbsp.) take a heated spoonful and scrap it off using the other spoon onto the tray. You do not need to shape them or flatten them out.
- This batter will make 8 portions.
- Bake for 10 minutes, leave cool and firm (get crunchy) for 10 minutes.