I am the cookie monster! I think you guys may have noticed by now I love making a good
cookie recipe. I mean who doesn’t love cookies? These were christened the TIPP TOP cookies as I created the recipe whilst I was down home n Tipperary and they got top marks from the fam. I have made them tonnes of times since and they really remind me of a hob nob! When you blend the oats and almonds don’t over blend them into a fine flour leave them a little chunky – for a nice crunch!
- 200g oats (gluten free oats work here also)
- 150g almonds (skinless and regular work well here)
- 150g smooth cashew butter
- 8 tbsp. maple
- 1 tsp vanilla
- big pinch of sea salt
- 100g dark chocolate melted
- Preheat oven 180°C
- In a high speed food processor add the oats and almonds and mix into a chunky flour consistency with still bits of almond visible.
- Next add the cashew, maple, vanilla and salt and combine for 15-20 seconds into a thick heavy dough.
- Taking sections using a small spoon, roll into 20 balls and place onto a lined baking tray.
- Press down into a cookie shape and bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown around the edges.
- Leave to one side to set firm. (keep an eye on them after 12 minutes).
- Dip the top in the melted chocolate – don’t forget to lick those fingers.