The tastiest Vegan Bean Free Chilli. I love chilli and my tummy loves chilli but sometimes I need a bean free version. Plus, a lot of you guys have asked for more bean free vegan recipes! The mushrooms in this recipe are a pure double for beef, you could fool any meat lover! This chilli is full of delish veggies and rich in flavour with the added cacao. I love prepping this dish for my week day meals as it gets better and better each day. I love it served with brown rice, lentil pasta or mashed sweet potato.
- 1 tbsp oil (I love avocado oil here)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- ½ tbsp. paprika
- ½ tbsp. chilli
- 900g mushrooms (washed and stems removed chopped into small pieces)
- 2 celery sticks (washed and diced finely)
- 2 carrots (peeled and diced finely)
- 2.5 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1.5 tbsp. cacao powder (try 1 tbsp. first and taste to make sure you like this added richness)
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 120g corn
- hemp seeds
- nutritional yeast
- In a large saucepan or pot over medium to high heat, add the oil and garlic.
- Sauté for 1 minute until the garlic is fragrant and golden.
- Toss in the carrots and celery and spices, cook for 2 minutes stirring.
- Next add the mushroom, paste and stock.
- Bring to a boil and then let simmer for 8 minutes.
- Stir in the corn and the cacao powder next and cook for another 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Serve alongside some brown rice, coriander and coconut yogurt. Perfect as a meal prep as this dish just gets better with age!