Prepare yourselves, this may be the best vegan muffin you’ll ever stick in your mouth :) Fluffy and chocolatey – these are a must for your next baking day. I use applesauce here as it’s a really good replacement for eggs in this recipe and a nice switch up from using banana.
I got a large jar of apple puree in the health store (you can usually find it in most supermarkets in the jar section or the baby food section). You can leave out the frosting if you want, the muffins are just as delicious without it. If you’re not into avocado why not try my peanut butter frosting here (Note if going for the avocado frosting the muffin must be kept in the fridge and eaten within 2 days, which probably won’t be a problem).
- 200g applesauce
- 100g ground almond
- 3 tbsp. cacao powder
- 2 tbsp. maple
- 160g peanut butter
- 4 tbsp. coconut oil
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 40g chocolate (cut into pieces to make chips)
- In a large mixing bowl combine all the batter ingredients (not the chocolate chips) and combine into a smooth batter.
- Now stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon into cupcake/muffin cases (2 tbsp. of batter).
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Leave cool fully before icing.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.