The answer to an easy lunch option for all those VEGGIE DODGERS!
When it comes to packed lunches we want convenience, inexpensive and of course something healthy & filling, more than not these usually are hard to do all at once. Sandwiches a simple and staple element that makes up any lunch box…. but you need the bread then all the fillings and so on…..the effort! I created a bread that has it all… a slice or two and that’s all you need , packed full of veggies and flavour its a meal in itself. Perfect for the working mum and her fussy little eater
- 230g ground almond
- 55g Tapioca flour – available in larger supermarkets, health store- great binder for gluten free baking
- 1/2 a medium courgette- grated with skin on
- 1/2 a medium sweet potato or 1 small sweet potato- peeled and steamed
- 2 scallions finely diced
- 2 tbsp rosemary leaves chopped roughly
- 3 eggs
- 60g seeds – I used a mix of pumpkin and sunflower
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp baking soda
Optional “ADD ONS”
- 60g roughly chopped feta
- 100g diced lean cooked ham
- 75g grated parmesan
- 8 sun dried tomatoes chopped finely
- Rosemary – Thyme, Chives, Sage
- Sweet potato – Butternut squash
- Courgette; Broccoli finely diced
- Preheat oven 180°C.
- First, Place the ground almonds, tapioca and baking soda in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together the eggs and apple cider vinegar.
- Pour the egg into the dry ingredients and mix using a fork until fully combined.
- Next , puree your steamed sweet potato, mashing well using a fork (a bit of an arm workout). Stir this in to the mix.
- Toss in the scallions, courgette, seeds and rosemary (plus any other additions from the list) and fold in using a spoon or fork to make sure its evenly mixed. It should be a heavy, wet mix.
- Line a 2lbs bread tin and spoon in the mix, evening out the top using a fork.
- Bake for 55 minutes, until hard on top and browned. Remove and let cool full before removing from the tin and served. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Delicious toasted with some smashed avocado!