Looking for some breakfast inspo? Look no further than these light and delicious sweet potato waffles, yes, sweet potato! You have to try these. They’re healthy, fluffy and easy to make. What’s even better is, you pick sweet toppings or savoury toppings, whatever you fancy.
Tag me in your creations #naturalbornfeeder
- 1/2 large sweet potato peeled and grated
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla paste or powder (optional)
- Yogurt of choice
- Fresh berries
- Maple syrup (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the grated sweet potato, egg and cinnamon (vanilla also if using).
- Spoon half of the mix into the centre of the waffles iron and press down. Cook on high for 5-6 minutes until the waffles are golden and crispy.
- Repeat process for the second waffle.
- Serve with berries yogurt and a drizzle of maple syrup.