So, I asked you guys what recipe you wanted to see next, and the majority vote was easy brownies! What could be easier than Nutri Bullet brownies featuring some of our kitchen staples :) This recipe requires steamed sweet potato, so I recommend to steam some extra when you’re prepping it at dinner time. If you don’t have a Nutri Bullet obviously a regular blender will work too!
- 1 medium – large ( 9″x 6 “) sweet potato peeled and steamed
- 4 tbsp. cacao powder
- 6 tbsp. peanut butter
- 4 tbsp. maple
- 1 tsp. vanilla (essence or pod)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 chia egg (1 tbsp. whole chia seeds soaked for 20 minutes with 3 tbsp. water)
- 70g dark chocolate (opt for vegan chocolate to keep recipe vegan)
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 handfuls of toasted almonds roughly chopped (toast the almonds in an oven tray for 12-15 minutes at 180°C)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a Nutri Bullet or blender places the brownie ingredients (except the chia seeds) and blend until completely smooth.
- Stir in the chia egg and combine well.
- Spoon into a lined brownie tin and smooth over using the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- While this is baking, melt the chocolate and stir in the coconut oil until it dissolves.
- Once the brownie is cooked, pour over the melted chocolate and sprinkle with the toasted nuts. Then place to one side to let set (in the fridge if you want to speed things up).
- Slice and serve!
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.