The perfect comforting dish that is full of wholesome ingredients.
• 1 tbsp. oil
• 1 onion peeled & diced
• 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
• ½ tbsp. cayenne
• ½ tbsp. cumin
• 400g sweet potato peeled and diced into small chunks
• 500ml stock
• 2.5 tbsp. tomato paste
• 2 x tins black beans rinsed & drained
• 3 tbsp. orange juice
• 1 tbsp. orange zest
1. In a deep-frying pan add the oil and onion.
2. Cook the onion for 3-4 minutes until soft.
3. Add the garlic and spices cook for a minute.
4. Toss in the sweet potato and stir, cook for 1 minute.
5. Pour in the stock, bring to a steady simmer and cook for 10 minutes until the sweet potato is tender.
6. Add in half of the black beans and tomato paste and stir.
7. Add the other half of black beans into a blender along with the orange juice and zest and blend until smooth.
8. Spoon the bean puree into the pan and combine.
9. Season as deserved.
10. Serve with brown rice and fresh herbs.