Nothing is more satisfying than bread lets be honest, no mater what type of day or mood you are in bread is always a desirable option. Sometimes with healthy breads, they can be very dense with ground almonds and never produce that light fluffy texture of “real bread” or fake bread-what it actually is. This bread has a great texture, easy to make, and doesn’t fall apart. Its consistency is very similar to a proper slice of bread. I have made my loaf a sundered tomato, feta & basil loaf, but get creative and swap around for your favourite flavours, and if avoiding cheese try nutritional yeast as an alternative it gives a nice cheesy taste.
**Great with some coconut oil spread on top or ripe avocado!
- 2 cups of spelt flour (whole grain or regular) you can get gluten free versions available (Tesco do a brand called Bob’s red mills).
- 1 cup of milled seeds-I used a mix- flax, sunflower, pumpkin- u can mill them yourself in a food processor/coffee grinder or buy it. (Tesco, Dunnes along with health food stores do them)
- 1 tbsp baking powder -gluten free versions available also in most good shopping stores and health stores.
- 3 tbsp physillium husk- a big bag is about 3 euro in health shop **great for digestion
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 60g chopped feta
- 60 g / half a cup sundries tomatoes chopped
- Handful chopped basil leaves
- Preheat oven 180ºC
- Mix all dry ingredients together & whisk the wet ingredients separately
- Pour in the wet ingredients and stir until fully combined it should be a thick dough.
- Now fold in: the feta, basil and tomatoes.
- You don’t have to be too delicates with this !
- Line your baking tin.
- Bake at 180•C for 35 min let sit to cool.