The most epic Christmas day stuffing, that leaves regularly stuffing tasting so basic! If you are a nut lover like me, you will love this recipe! I was literally eating it from the bowl, and served with chicken it is the perfect paleo feast! This keeps for up to 4 days stored in an airtight container in the fridge. It is also vegan friendly so If you fancy a meat free dinner this is great served alongside some creamy potatoes and roasted veggies!
- 1 brown onion dice finely
- 2 sticks celery chopped thinly
- 8 fresh sage leaves- roughly chopped
- 1 large garlic clove- peeled and diced finely
- 2 sprigs of rosemary – leave pulled off and chopped
- tbsp. thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- ½ small brambley apple- grated in large cuts
- 120g whole almonds
- 50g walnuts
- pinch of salt
- Start by adding the oil into a saucepan over medium heat, add in the onions and sweat ,with the lid on for 6 minutes until tender and almost translucent( not browned).
- Next stir in the celery, garlic and herbs cooking for 5 minutes combining all the flavours, the celery and onion should be cut very finely that at this stage they have only a tiny bit of bite and are mostly tender. Stir in the apple and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and leave to one side while you prepare the nuts.
- In a food processor add the walnuts and almonds and blend for 40seconds to a minute until they are broken down into a breadcrumb like texture.
- Stir the nuts and a pinch of salt into the herbed mix and you are ready to serve!