Another recipe to add to your #meatlessmonday repertoire. This simple curry is a nice flavoursome dish to meal prep for your lunch box this week it’s comforting, filling and it also tastes better and better each day. Sometimes if I want to change it up to make it feel like a different meal for lunch on the 3rd or 4th day I add a little peanut or cashew butter to the curry and it totally transforms it. I also love to serve mine simple in a lunch box with some diced banana and a dollop of coconut yogurt. Need help making this recipe? Why not watch the recipe video here.
- 1 medium squash peeled and dice into small chunks
- 2” ginger peeled and grated
- 500g mushroom
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- ½ tbsp. turmeric
- ½ tbsp. coriander
- 1 tbsp. mustard seeds
- 2 small cloves of garlic peeled and crushed
- 3 tbsp. tomato paste
- 500 ml stock
- In a large saucepan over a medium heat, add a little olive oil. Toss in the garlic and cook for 2 minutes until its fragrant and a little coloured. Next, toss in the ginger, spices and tomato paste, cook for 1 minutes.
- Add the squash, mushroom and stir to combine into the spice paste.
- Pour over the stock and bring the pot to boil, turn a little lower and simmer for 20 minutes until the squash is tender.
- Serve with rice.