This might be a festive dessert to add to the Christmas dinner menu.This simple one mix wonder is delicious and incorporates all the festive flavours you need. This Paleo and gluten free treat taste just like a light sponge and won’t tip you over the edge after a towering Christmas dinner.
- 250g almond ground
- Zest from 2 oranges
- Juice from half an orange
- 4 tbsp honey
- 4 eggs
- tbsp baking powder
- tbsp mixed spice
- 2 handfuls fresh cranberries
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar/granulated sweetener of choice/powdered stevia
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cups of cranberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp honey
- Preheat the Oven
- In a food processor mix the coconut oil and the coconut sugar into a smooth paste.
- Slice some of the cranberries in half and leave the rest whole. Stir into your coconut & sugar paste.
- Spread this mixtures on the bottom of a LINED round baking tin.Grease the side with a little coconut oil.
- Add all other ingredients into a mixing bowl and blend into a smooth batter.
- Pour into your lined baking tin.
- Bake for 50 minutes.Cover with tinfoil if the top is getting a little too browned.Check with a skewer if baked through.
- Let sit aside for at least an hour before removing from the tin and peeling gently off the baking paper.
- For the topping sauce, Place the cranberries and water in a microwavable bowl and microwave for 2-2.30 minutes until the cranberries burst and are easy to mash using a fork (some will still be whole that’s OK), add in the honey and stir well.
* best served a little warm with my whipped coconut cream.
- 1 can refrigerated coconut milk
- 1 lime
- 1 fresh vanilla pod
- 1 tbsp honey
- Remove the hardened coconut cream from the can, discard the watery part.
- Add in the zest of a lime along with fresh vanilla seeds and the honey.
- Whisk the coconut as you would cream until slightly stiff.